? ??????????????This Kiss? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2693 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????Free Hugs (Stripes)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (7 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1367 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 24, 2009

Battle of the Mascaras!: Covergirl Lashblast vs. Maybelline Colossal Volume Express


Why can't cosmetic companies just get along? :( When Covergirl's Lashblast first showed up on the scene it was the hot new thing, it's brush was unlike anything we lash lovers had ever seen! Then Maybelline came out with their Cololssal Volume Express (wordy title I know) trying to take over the competition. So which one is better? I'm here to help you find out.



Here's a comparison to the two brushes.

LASHBLAST: Covergirl's wand is a big longer then Maybelline's. Although, it is also bulkier. Lashblast's brush however is more compact then Colossal's. It's a cylinder with very short and tiny bristles. I have gotten mascara on my eyelid using this brush, but I rarely wear eyeshadow so it isn't a big deal. It could be though.

COLOSSAL: Maybelline's wand is wider, and it's bristles are also longer. I was a bit surprised by this. I thought it would have the short bristles just like lashblast. The brush kinda reminds me a swiffer duster, haha. Too me, the brush is nothing special it's the formula that counts. And for some reason the formula smells like my backyard, yeah.


BEHOLD! My plain lashes (and my freckles) in all their thin sparse-ness.

This is the result using Lashblast. Lashblast is a volumizing mascara. It does way more then that! This stuff curls, lengthens, and volumnizes. It definitely adds drama to lashes, which I love. Although, I could see myself getting in trouble at school for wearing too much mascara, ;]. If you're going to an event and you need a quick, cheap, mascara this is the way to go.




This is the result using The Colossal. Too be honest, I feel the same way about the colossal as I do about the lashblast. My mom said the colossal looked a bit more natural, and I think she's right about that. But even then the mascara's work almost identically.




BOTTOM LINE: A++ for both of these mascaras. You can't go wrong with either one. Although, the colossal is cheaper by a dollar I believe.

PS: sorry for my dark circles. :[

0 comments: